Canada's luxury housing markets are seeing changes. According to a new report by Sotheby's International Realty, sales of luxury homes have moderated in provinces such as Ontario and British Columbia as new housing rules were introduced.
The report indicated that there is stronger consumer confidence in cities such as Montreal and Calgary as the number of sales increased in the luxury housing market.
Despite these changes, there are some homes throughout the country with an expensive price tag currently on the market.
The Greater Vancouver region continues to be Canada's most expensive housing market. As of this week, there were over 150 homes listed over $10 million in British Columbia. Ontario had 48 homes listed over $10 million this week. There were 4 homes listed over $10 million this week in Quebec. There were no other homes anywhere else listed for over $10 million.
As of August 2017, these are some of the most expensive homes in the country according to Huffington Post's List:
1) A beautiful 3,300 square foot home located in Vancouver's popular Shaughnessy Heights neighbourhood is listed for $34.8 Million.
The property is situated on half an acre of land. Some of the features of the home include a billiard room with a wet bar, state-of-the-art media room, a wine tasting room with space for 1,200 bottles, a heated outdoor summer kitchen, a heated outdoor pool, a jet spa and more.
2) The most expensive house for sale in Alberta has been on Huffington Post's list several times. The property is listed for $24.9 Million and it is located South of Calgary on 242 acres of land. This home is perfect for a buyer who enjoys the outdoors as it has a horse barn, a pasture and riding areas.
3) In Saskatchewan, there is a gorgeous home listed for $2.99 Million. It has 5,180 square feet of living space. The three bedroom, five bathroom property is located just south of downtown on the shores of the Saskatchewan River.
It also has a five-car garage, a piano room and a media room. According to the listing agent, the beautifully landscaped yard is suitable for a wedding venue.
4) Media mogul Israel Asper is the owner of a home in Manitoba that is listed for $11 Million. It has six bedrooms and two bathrooms. It has over 22,000 square feet of living space.
5) In Ontario, a mansion situated on 80-Acres of land is listed for $24.95 Million. The mansion is located approximately 55 Km North of Aurora. The mansion is made up of three separate houses.
The main house has four bedrooms,eight bathrooms, two elevators, an indoor pool and a self-contained two-bedroom apartment. The property is described as a palace and has 21,630 square feet of living space.
Reference: Huffington Post